- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, parsley flakes and rosemary, crushed
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon peel, salt, pepper, basil, parsley and rosemary; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil pork chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon, place mushrooms on pork chops. Cover each with a cheese slice. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Pork Chop
"Really good...a keeper!"
"Very good recipe, we love these!"
"These pork chops were amazing! I had to improv a bit but it worked out well. Didn't have pepper jack cheese so I used mozzarella instead. Also sauteed shallots with the mushrooms. Really incredible flavor!"
"My husband gobbled up these pork chops no problem. The only thing I did different was saute onions and peppers with the mushrooms. Excellent!"