I like to saute extra mushrooms and caramelize some onions for the side of this dish.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, parsley flakes and rosemary, crushed
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon peel, salt, pepper, basil, parsley and rosemary; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil pork chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon, place mushrooms on pork chops. Cover each with a cheese slice. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Smothered Pork Chops in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p197
Reviews for Smothered Pork Chop
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review