Smothered Italian Chicken Recipe
A crispy cracker coating and flavored mayo make these savory chicken breasts downright delicious. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 22 fire-roasted tomato Triscuits, crushed
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons garlic-herb mayonnaise, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Dash pepper
- 1. Place crushed crackers and 3/4 cup mayonnaise in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in mayonnaise and then coat with crackers.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and remaining mayonnaise. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or just until spinach is wilted. Spoon spinach mixture over chicken; top each with a cheese slice. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 535 calories, 27 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 795 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 45 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC