A crispy cracker coating and flavored mayo make these savory chicken breasts downright delicious. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 22 fire-roasted tomato Triscuits, crushed
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons garlic-herb mayonnaise, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Dash pepper
- Place crushed crackers and 3/4 cup mayonnaise in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in mayonnaise and then coat with crackers.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and remaining mayonnaise. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or just until spinach is wilted. Spoon spinach mixture over chicken; top each with a cheese slice. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Smothered Italian Chicken in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p11
Reviews for Smothered Italian Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2013
"The flavor on this was disgusting. I had to throw mine out."
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2012
"I have not seen garlic herb mayonnaise in stores. I think I could season my own mixture suitably but wondered where ready made was available and who makes it?"