- 22 fire-roasted tomato Triscuits, crushed
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons garlic-herb mayonnaise, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Dash pepper
- Place crushed crackers and 3/4 cup mayonnaise in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in mayonnaise and then coat with crackers.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and remaining mayonnaise. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or just until spinach is wilted. Spoon spinach mixture over chicken; top each with a cheese slice. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Italian Chicken
Sort By :
The flavor on this was disgusting. I had to throw mine out.
I have not seen garlic herb mayonnaise in stores. I think I could season my own mixture suitably but wondered where ready made was available and who makes it?
Overall, I enjoyed the dish and the coating was strong enough to give it a nice kick of tomato flavor. Unfortunately, it didn?t add anything to the spinach-cheese mixture and I got bored while I was eating it. If I were to make it again, I probably would add something to the spinach like garlic, basil, salt and/or pepper to give it a little punch of taste. Also I'd sprinkle a little shredded Parmesan on top.
OK...had to make my own garlic-herbed mayo because I couldn't find it in the store. I mixed mayo with garlic powder and Italian seasonings. I made it exactly like they said other than that. My husband, my biggest critic, loved it! I decided to save this in my "recipe box" to make again! Chicken was SO TENDER! Oh, I also used shredded cheese instead of the slices. (I never use slices and would probably use the shredded again...like on homemade pizza!) Great dinner!