Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°; remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In drippings, saute onion and brown sugar until onion is tender and golden brown. Place two bacon strips on each chicken breast half; top with caramelized onions and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Chicken Breasts
Sort By :
"I have made this several times and my family loves it. I also cook the bacon first then the onions and chicken. It's really important not to overcook the onions. Easy recipe and tastes great!"
"Delicious and easy to prepare! Thanks for a great recipe."
"Loved it made my own lemon pepper with fresh lemon peels, pepper and salt. Next time I make this I am going to cut bacon into small pieces and saut? it with the onions and then carmelize it. My chicken breast where kind of thick think it would work better with thinner breast."
"Love this recipe! Eliminated the lemon pepper and used salt, pepper, chilli powder, and garlic powder as spices. Everything else the same. My family loved it. Will definitely make again."
"We used Cheddar cheese and it was amazing. Will make again soon."