Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°; remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In drippings, saute onion and brown sugar until onion is tender and golden brown. Place two bacon strips on each chicken breast half; top with caramelized onions and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Chicken Breasts
Sort By :
This was so easy and tasted amazing!!! Will definitely make again!
This was so good! I did not use the lemon-pepper seasoning, just black pepper, and I put cheddar cheese on instead of Colby-Monterey cheese. My picky 6-year old ate the whole portion super quick.
I thought it was just ok. Won't make again.
This was wonderful!!
So easy and oh sooooooooooo good
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >