- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix enchilada sauce and salsa verde.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
- Spoon 2/3 cup beef mixture across center of each tortilla; top each with 3 tablespoons cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce mixture over top; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Burritos
Sort By :
"Very tasty. All the kids loved them"
"624 calories? i don't think so!"
"We used red enchilada sauce and salsa. A little different twist on an easy-to-make recipe."
"We loved this! Made it with no tweeking at all, I was great."
"This was super fast and easy. The flavor was good but next time based on the other reviews I may try chicken but will certainly add refried beans to give it a bit more complex flavor. I love beans so they will make a good recipe great."