- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix enchilada sauce and salsa verde.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
- Spoon 2/3 cup beef mixture across center of each tortilla; top each with 3 tablespoons cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce mixture over top; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Burritos
Sort By :
"Quick, easy, but I should have decreased the salsa verde."
"We didn't enjoy it but perhaps in the future it would be good to try again."
"Very tasty. All the kids loved them"
"We used red enchilada sauce and salsa. A little different twist on an easy-to-make recipe."
"We loved this! Made it with no tweeking at all, I was great."