- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix enchilada sauce and salsa verde.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
- Spoon 2/3 cup beef mixture across center of each tortilla; top each with 3 tablespoons cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce mixture over top; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Burritos
"I was sure with so few ingredients these would really lack flavor....Not a problem! Perfect as written, no changes needed."
"We liked this recipe, it's a keeper. I couldn't find green enchilada sauce in our store, they were out of it so I used red. Turned out very good."
"This was a wonderful dish. I make homemade salsa and we loved it. Thx for the recipe. Margie"
"Just add black beans or refried beans, garlic, and onions and this can be a 5 star!"
"I followed the recipe exactly (sort of). I used shredded chicken breast instead of beef. They were fantastic. I think they are even better than the chicken enchiladas I make. They freeze well too. We all loved them. Don't put the sauce or cheese on the burritos until you are ready to put them in the oven. That way they don't get soggy."
"We didn't enjoy it but perhaps in the future it would be good to try again."
"Very tasty. All the kids loved them"
"We used red enchilada sauce and salsa. A little different twist on an easy-to-make recipe."