Smothered Burritos Recipe
My brother-in-law teases that I only know how to make five things using ground beef. I had to prove him wrong, and spicy burritos are the answer. —Kim Kenyon, Greenwood, Missouri
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix enchilada sauce and salsa verde.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
- 3. Spoon 2/3 cup beef mixture across center of each tortilla; top each with 3 tablespoons cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- 4. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce mixture over top; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burrito equals 624 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 1,470 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Smothered Burritos
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC