A chewy oatmeal crust is topped with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips to create these tasty treats. "They're a favorite snack when we travel in the car," note Bob and Laura Frohmader of Kendall, Wisconsin.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in butter until
- crumbly. Press into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at
- 350° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows and chips.
- Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to brown. Cool on
- a wire rack; cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 209 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.