A chewy oatmeal crust is topped with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips to create these tasty treats. "They're a favorite snack when we travel in the car," note Bob and Laura Frohmader of Kendall, Wisconsin.
Recommended: 19 New Ways to Make S'mores
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows and chips.
- Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to brown. Cool on a wire rack; cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as S'more Bars in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p45
Reviews forSmore Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2013
Reviewed May. 24, 2010
"This is a family favorite. So easy to make and very good!!"
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2010
"They were good but a little hard to cut due to the sticky marshmallows."