A chewy oatmeal crust is topped with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips to create these tasty treats. "They're a favorite snack when we travel in the car," note Bob and Laura Frohmader of Kendall, Wisconsin.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows and chips.
- Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to brown. Cool on a wire rack; cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as S'more Bars in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p45
Reviews for Smore Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review