Smooth Sailing Sugar Cookies Recipe
With a fresh breeze, my longtime-favorite sugar cookie recipe got under way on a new track. I cut out sailboats and frisky fish, frosting them brightly for the nautical gathering. My guests ate their limit! -Martha Conaway, Pataskala, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with cookie cutters of your choice. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract, salt and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Add food coloring if desired. Frost cookies; decorate as desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 172 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Smooth Sailing Sugar Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC