- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers (about 24 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional melted German sweet chocolate, optional
- In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and melted butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Gradually beat in melted chocolate and milk. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Fold whipped topping into chocolate mixture; spoon into crust. Freeze 4 hours or until firm. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Smooth Chocolate Pie
"Oh my goodness--I get shivers just looking at pictures of chocolate pie. You can imagine my excitement on seeing this chocolate pie in the recent TOH mag. It's delicious and easy to make, but I gave it 4/5 stars because I think my mom's Candy Bar pie is slightly better. Both recipes call for frozen whipped topping--I don't particularly like using "pseudo foods." Poor me, I guess I'll have to try both recipes with real whipped cream to see if it works!"
"I gave this a 4 star rating because it was easy to make. I like it refrigerated and so did not freeze it."