Smoky Spareribs Recipe
These ribs bake up tender and flavorful, coated with a simple-to-make sauce. Folk agree they're finger-lickin' good.—Lornetta Kaminski, St. Benedict, Saskatchewan
- 100 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 8 bottles (42 ounces each) barbecue sauce
- 4 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 5 pounds brown sugar
- 1 to 2 bottles (4 ounces each) Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1. Place ribs in several large roasting pans. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; drain. bake 15-20 minutes longer or until almost tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a stockpot, combine the barbecue sauce, pineapple, brown sugar and liquid smoke if desired; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Drain ribs; pour sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Yield: 100 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 935 calories, 64 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 62 g protein.
Reviews for Smoky Spareribs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC