- 100 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 8 bottles (42 ounces each) barbecue sauce
- 4 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 5 pounds brown sugar
- 1 to 2 bottles (4 ounces each) Liquid Smoke, optional
- Place ribs in several large roasting pans. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; drain. bake 15-20 minutes longer or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a stockpot, combine the barbecue sauce, pineapple, brown sugar and liquid smoke if desired; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Drain ribs; pour sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Yield: 100 servings.
Originally published as Smoky Spareribs in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p54
Reviews for Smoky Spareribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review