Smoky Spanish Potato Salad Recipe
I created this recipe for red potatoes, but fingerlings and Yukon Golds work fine, too. With artichoke hearts added, it will definitely liven up your next picnic.—Helen Conwell, Portland, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 1-3/4 pounds red potatoes (about 7 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1. Scrub potatoes; cut into 1-in. pieces. Place in a large bowl; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with paprika and salt. Toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- 2. Drain artichokes, reserving 2 tablespoons marinade; place artichokes and potatoes in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, celery, capers, onions, basil and reserved marinade. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 248 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC