Smoky Spanish Potato Salad Recipe
I created this recipe for red potatoes, but fingerlings and Yukon Golds work fine, too. With artichoke hearts added, it will definitely liven up your next picnic.—Helen Conwell, Portland, Oregon
- 1-3/4 pounds red potatoes (about 7 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1. Scrub potatoes; cut into 1-in. pieces. Place in a large bowl; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with paprika and salt. Toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- 2. Drain artichokes, reserving 2 tablespoons marinade; place artichokes and potatoes in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, celery, capers, onions, basil and reserved marinade. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 248 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Smoky Spanish Potato Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC