Smoky Shrimp with Creamy Grits Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, corn and salt to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in onions and cream cheese.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the tomatoes, seafood seasoning and chipotle pepper; heat through. Serve with grits. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 334 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Smoky Shrimp with Creamy Grits
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.