Smoky Sausage & Pepper Skillet
My family loves this combination of sausage, green peppers and onions and asks for it for birthdays. It’s that awesome. —Celinda Kulp, Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 large green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove with a
- slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add green peppers and onion to same skillet; cook and stir until
- vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. In a
- small bowl, mix cornstarch, milk, parsley, marjoram and pepper until
- blended; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or
- until sauce is thickened.
- Return sausage to pan; heat through. Stir in cheese until blended.
- Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.