Smoky Sausage & Pepper Skillet Recipe
My family loves this combination of sausage, green peppers and onions and asks for it for birthdays. It’s that awesome. —Celinda Kulp, Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 2 large green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- 2. Add green peppers and onion to same skillet; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, milk, parsley, marjoram and pepper until blended; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- 3. Return sausage to pan; heat through. Stir in cheese until blended. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC