Smoky Sausage & Pepper Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 2 large green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add green peppers and onion to same skillet; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, milk, parsley, marjoram and pepper until blended; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Return sausage to pan; heat through. Stir in cheese until blended. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smoky Sausage & Pepper Skillet(1)
Sort By :
I made this without the onion, but I will try it next time with the onion. The green peppers were nice and tender. This had the perfect amount of flavor without being too much. My six year old ate everything on his plate and he usually does not like green peppers. It smelled really good cooking and I was not disappointed with the final result. This one is a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >