- In a small bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat
- flour, yeast, salt and sugar. Stir in the water, oil and honey; beat
- just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining whole wheat flour to
- form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, 2 teaspoons vinegar,
- 1 teaspoon syrup, salt and cayenne in oil until onion is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the sage, mustard and remaining
- vinegar and syrup.
- Grease a 12-in. pizza pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. Roll out dough to
- fit prepared pan; prick thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 450° for
- 5-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Arrange the onion mixture, beet greens, apple, sausages and cheese
- over top. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until crust is golden and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices equals 388 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 836 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now