- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Minced fresh cilantro and lemon wedges
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, paprika, lemon juice, cumin and salt until blended. Add water; bring to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork.
- Arrange spinach on a serving plate; spoon quinoa over spinach. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Smoky Quinoa with Mushrooms in Taste of Home February/March 2016, p33
Reviews for Smoky Quinoa with Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2016
"Too much tomato paste and too much paprika. I followed the recipe to a t and it tasted very weird. I won't make it again."