Smoky Potato Skillet
This dish is convenient because it uses packaged au gratin potatoes. You can alter the flavor by substituting a different mix, such as scalloped potatoes with sour cream and chives.Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) smoked sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups hot water
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage, celery and onion in butter
- until vegetables are tender. Stir in the water, milk and contents of
- sauce mix from potatoes.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in potatoes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 368 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,294 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.