Smoky Potato Rounds Recipe
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until almost tender.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato widthwise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- 3. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 piece: 73 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Smoky Potato Rounds
"I omitted the barbeque sauce this time, although I do think it would be good. These were very good and I will be making them again for sure. All of my kids ate them, which is funny to me. If I had given them baked potatoes with all of these toppings I would have heard complaints. But, this presentation resulted in gobbles. Also very good with ranch dip made with sour cream and ranch seasoning mix."
"Awesome!!! So easy to make."
"This recipe is a keeper. It was easy to make, and a definite alternative to making potato skins (tastes just about the same)."
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.