I love potato skins but decided to top them with barbecue sauce to kick up the flavor a notch. Once the potatoes are baked, these appetizers come together in a hurry. —Rebecca Dozier, Kouts, Indiana
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until almost tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato widthwise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Smoky Potato Rounds in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Smoky Potato Rounds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review