Whip up a batch of my savory, biscuit-like squares to complement dinner or whenever you need a yummy bit of comfort. —Donna-Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 pound smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- In a small skillet, cook onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Add sugar; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and egg. Fold in 1/2 cup cheese, seasoning blend and onion mixture. Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Smoky Onion Biscuit Squares in Country Woman April/May 2008, p27
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Smoky Onion Biscuit Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review