"Our two grandsons love macaroni and cheese," writes Perlene Hoekema of Lynden, Washington. "When they're hungry, I can have this tasty variation - with little sausages that are just their size - ready in about 20 minutes."
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausage links
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- In a nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and onion until tender. Combine soup and milk; stir into skillet. Add sausage, cheese and peas. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Add the macaroni; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Smoky Macaroni in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p10
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Smoky Macaroni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review