- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausage links
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- In a nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and onion until tender. Combine soup and milk; stir into skillet. Add sausage, cheese and peas. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Add the macaroni; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Smoky Macaroni
Sort By :
Have made this dish time and time again, with satisfying results. My grandson loves hot dogs (beef franks) so just may have to make for him.
This ws very good and very easy. I used fiesta nacho cheese instead of the cheddar cheese soup. I then eliminated the onions and peppers.
This recipe looks interesting, one I'll have to try soon. I have found every recipe Mrs. Hoekema submits is a classic. Thank you very much for sharing your recipe. Sincerely, Kathy Joscelyn in Oxford, NY.