- 14 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 miniature smoked sausages
- 7 bacon strips
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Spread a teaspoonful of cream cheese into each pepper; stuff each with a sausage.
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise; cook in a microwave or skillet until partially cooked. Wrap a bacon piece around each pepper; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes for spicy flavor, 30 minutes for medium and 40 minutes for mild. Yield: 14 appetizers.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Smoky Jalapenos
Sort By :
I also used some small sweet peppers for those who do not like hot, very yummy. Be sure to use center cut or higher quality bacon or may be too greasy. Quick and easy.
I baked mine for 40 minutes and they were still way too hot for my guests. I eat jalapeno peppers all the time and I even found them to be way too hot. Maybe next time I bake them for at least an hour.