Smoky Jalapenos Recipe
When I make these bacon-wrapped appetizers, there are no leftovers. They can also be made with mild banana peppers or yellow chili peppers. —Melinda Strable, Ankeny, Iowa
- 14 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 miniature smoked sausages
- 7 bacon strips
- 1. Cut a lengthwise slit in each pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Spread a teaspoonful of cream cheese into each pepper; stuff each with a sausage.
- 2. Cut bacon strips in half widthwise; cook in a microwave or skillet until partially cooked. Wrap a bacon piece around each pepper; secure with a toothpick.
- 3. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 14 appetizers.
Reviews for Smoky Jalapenos
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2009
"I baked mine for 40 minutes and they were still way too hot for my guests. I eat jalapeno peppers all the time and I even found them to be way too hot. Maybe next time I bake them for at least an hour."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC