“When I make these excellent appetizers, there are no leftovers,” says Melinda Strable of Ankeny, Iowa. “They can also be made with mild banana peppers or yellow chili peppers.”
7 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 14 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 miniature smoked sausages
- 7 bacon strips
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each pepper; remove seeds and membranes.
- Spread a teaspoonful of cream cheese into each pepper; stuff each
- with a sausage.
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise; cook in a microwave or skillet
- until partially cooked. Wrap a bacon piece around each pepper;
- secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20 minutes for spicy flavor, 30 minutes for medium and
- 40 minutes for mild. Yield: 14 appetizers.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.