When I make these bacon-wrapped appetizers, there are no leftovers. They can also be made with mild banana peppers or yellow chili peppers. —Melinda Strable, Ankeny, Iowa
Featured In: 55 Snacks for Your March Madness Party
- 14 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 miniature smoked sausages
- 7 bacon strips
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Spread a teaspoonful of cream cheese into each pepper; stuff each with a sausage.
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise; cook in a microwave or skillet until partially cooked. Wrap a bacon piece around each pepper; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 14 appetizers.
Originally published as Smoky Jalapenos in Taste of Home October/November 2007 , p47
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Smoky Jalapenos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2009
"I baked mine for 40 minutes and they were still way too hot for my guests. I eat jalapeno peppers all the time and I even found them to be way too hot. Maybe next time I bake them for at least an hour."