“When I make these excellent appetizers, there are no leftovers,” says Melinda Strable of Ankeny, Iowa. “They can also be made with mild banana peppers or yellow chili peppers.”
- 14 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 miniature smoked sausages
- 7 bacon strips
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Spread a teaspoonful of cream cheese into each pepper; stuff each with a sausage.
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise; cook in a microwave or skillet until partially cooked. Wrap a bacon piece around each pepper; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 14 appetizers.
Originally published as Smoky Jalapenos in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p47
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Smoky Jalapenos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review