Smoky Grilled Corn
A friend and I cooked up this corn one evening when getting ready to grill. The buttery corn, with its sweet-spicy seasoning, won top honors over our steaks.
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the honey, garlic, pepper
- sauce and seasonings until blended; heat through. Brush over corn.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until the
- corn is tender, turning and basting occasionally with butter
- mixture. Serve corn with any remaining butter mixture. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 ear of corn equals 208 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.