Smoky Grilled Corn Salsa Recipe
- 6 plum tomatoes, halved
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers, halved
- 2 medium green peppers, halved
- 3 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Grill the tomatoes, corn, peppers and onion, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Allow vegetables to cool slightly. Remove corn from cobs; transfer to a large bowl. Chop the remaining vegetables and add to corn.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the cilantro, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, sugar and pepper. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 6 cups.
1/4 cup equals 40 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.