Smoky Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar, mustard and coffee in hot water. Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke if desired. Reserve 1 cup for basting; refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack with oil. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat, for 30 minutes, turning and basing with sauce frequently. Grill, covered, 15 minutes longer, turning and basting occasionally or until juices run clear. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Smoky Grilled Chicken(11)
Sort By :
gary0452......what is so confusing for you. Seems like a rather simple recipe to follow. Maybe it is just a rookie mistake?
very tasty easy to make, maybe a bit ketchupy
Recipe is simple. You MOISTEN a paper towel with oil. You the pick up the paper towel with long handle tongs. You then wipe the oil coated paper towel on the grill to grease it. Once you start grilling the chicken on the oiled grill you BASTE the chicken with the BBQ sauce. I tried it for dinner and it was very good. Everyone liked the flavor.
sause or not to sause, marinade or not to marinade? Whats the paper towel for? never could grill a paper towel, they have a bad habit of bursting into flames!! instructions very confusing.
Yup, when do you grill and when do you sause, Do you marinade or not Marinade?
wHATS THE PAPER TOWEL FOR?? never was able to grill a paper towel they seem to burst into flames, Very poor instructions!!
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >