Smoky Garlic and Spice Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), split in half lengthwise
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first eight ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on the grill rack to coat lightly. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- 3. Place chicken cut side down over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170-175°, turning occasionally. Let stand 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 4 servings.
7 ounces cooked chicken equals 396 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.