- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), split in half lengthwise
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first eight ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on the grill rack to coat lightly. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- Place chicken cut side down over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170-175°, turning occasionally. Let stand 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Smoky Garlic and Spice Chicken
Sort By :
EXCELLENT in my opinion. My younger son is very critical of food that is not one of my own recipes but after he ate this chicken he said that it was GREAT!!!
This is a great marinade for just about any poultry. The cumin really makes the taste pop. We used Cornish game hens instead of chicken. They didn't come out very crispy, but DH thinks it may have been his fault, not the marinade's. Will definitely make again.
This marinade is really good on grilled cornish game hens.
I just was looking through my taste of home magazines for this recipe. I have made this several times we really enjoy this recipe.
Talk about flavor!!! I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Garlic Chicken >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >