Smoky Corn Salad Recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 2 large sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large heavy skillet coated with cooking spray, saute corn until lightly browned. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- 2. Stir in the lime juice, salt and chipotle pepper. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in red peppers and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 105 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Smoky Corn Salad
"This is quick, easy and has a wonderful summertime flavor! Has become a family fav!"
"This recipe is a great healthy, inexpensive, and simple addition to any Mexican/Southwest meal! This recipe was also great reheated the next day too."