Smoky Corn Muffins Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 drop Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. In bowl, beat egg. Add salsa, milk and liquid smoke; mix well. stir in corn bread mix just until moistened. Fold in corn and cheese. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 121 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Smoky Corn Muffins
"These were quick to stir up and tasted good. Due to the cheese in the mix, they stick to the muffin wrappers somewhat so you're sort of left with a small muffin...unless you're willing to scrape the paper muffin liner with a knife or your teeth or...I don't know what else you could use. lol All-in-all these were what I hoped for- quick, flavorful, and really easy to stir up."