Smoky Corn Muffins Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 drop Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. In bowl, beat egg. Add salsa, milk and liquid smoke; mix well. stir in corn bread mix just until moistened. Fold in corn and cheese. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin (prepared with fat-free milk and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 121 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.