Marg Ogden of Palmerton, Pennsylvania jazzes up corn bread mix with salsa, corn, cheese and liquid smoke to create these spicy muffins. The moist morsels are an ideal accompaniment to chili or a Southwestern supper.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 drop Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In bowl, beat egg. Add salsa, milk and liquid smoke; mix well. stir in corn bread mix just until moistened. Fold in corn and cheese. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Smoky Corn Muffins in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p62
Reviews for Smoky Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review