- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 drop Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In bowl, beat egg. Add salsa, milk and liquid smoke; mix well. stir in corn bread mix just until moistened. Fold in corn and cheese. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Smoky Corn Muffins
Sort By :
These were quick to stir up and tasted good. Due to the cheese in the mix, they stick to the muffin wrappers somewhat so you're sort of left with a small muffin...unless you're willing to scrape the paper muffin liner with a knife or your teeth or...I don't know what else you could use. lol All-in-all these were what I hoped for- quick, flavorful, and really easy to stir up.