Smoky Chuck Roast Recipe
You get outdoor barbecue flavor indoors with this juicy roast, remarks Auburn, Kansas field editor Myra Innes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1 hour 40 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add roast. Seal bag; refrigerate for 8 hours, turning once.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place roast in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Baste with barbecue sauce. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes longer or until beef is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC