- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add roast. Seal bag; refrigerate for 8 hours, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Baste with barbecue sauce. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes longer or until beef is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Smoky Chuck Roast in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p53
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Smoky Chuck Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >