Smoky Chicken Nachos Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Combine the cream cheese, chives, milk, bread crumbs, mustard, paprika and, if desired, liquid smoke; stir into chicken mixture until blended.
- 2. In an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the chips, chicken mixture, beans and cheese. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tomatoes and olives if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 195 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Smoky Chicken Nachos
"This one's a keeper. I used ground beef, at my husband's request. I was a little skeptical, but made it anyways because I wanted a change from our usual nachos, but not too different. I liked the smoky taste from the liquid smoke. I also happened to have smoked paprika, so I used that too. I probably used more chips and cheese than it called for (didn't exactly measure) but the whole pan disappeared between three people having seconds."
"Yummy! Chives not required. Ground turkey works fine.- Theresa"
"Very good! I left out the bread crumbs and dry mustard ... Tasted great! A great party platter!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.