What's game day without can't-stop-munching nachos? Featuring layers of crunchy tortilla chips, black beans and a creamy, smoky chicken mixture, this appetizer will disappear before the second quarter. —Whitney Smith, Winterhen, Florida
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Combine the cream cheese, chives, milk, bread crumbs, mustard, paprika and Liquid Smoke if desired; stir into chicken mixture until blended.
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the chips, chicken mixture, beans and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tomatoes and olives if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Smoky Chicken Nachos in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p172
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Smoky Chicken Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2016
"Yummy! Chives not required. Ground turkey works fine.- Theresa"
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2015
"Very good! I left out the bread crumbs and dry mustard ... Tasted great! A great party platter!"