Smoky Chicken Nachos Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Combine the cream cheese, chives, milk, bread crumbs, mustard, paprika and Liquid Smoke if desired; stir into chicken mixture until blended.
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the chips, chicken mixture, beans and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tomatoes and olives if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Smoky Chicken Nachos in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p172
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Smoky Chicken Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2015
"Very good! I left out the bread crumbs and dry mustard ... Tasted great! A great party platter!"