- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and onion in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the soup, enchilada sauce, chilies and chipotle pepper. Add tortillas and 1 cup cheese.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cilantro and remaining cheese. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 5 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Smoky Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Sort By :
"Mexican dishes. We did not care for so many soft tortillas in the mixture. Seemed that was all you could taste."
"Added 2 cups of corn and a can of diced tomatoes. Served with rice wrapped in a tortilla instead of mixing that in."
"I left the tortillas out because we didnt want them to get soggy. We put them on top more like a garnish.Flavor was great, but seemed lacking as a dish. Next time i will add somebeans or serve over rice. Works well as a soft taco type filling."
"Great flavors. Be careful with the hot stuff. I like it spicey so I thought it was fine. My wife on the other hand thought it was a bit hot."
"i must have over done something. We love spicy but wow, this was hot! what can I do or add to this to calm it down?"