Smoky Chicken Enchilada Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chicken and onion in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the soup, enchilada sauce, chilies and chipotle pepper. Add tortillas and 1 cup cheese.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cilantro and remaining cheese. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup (calculated without sour cream) equals 452 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,206 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.