—Lin Sines, Oak Point, Texas
- 15 large jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 15 bacon strips
- Cut stems off jalapenos; remove seeds and membranes. In a small bowl, beat the cheeses, cilantro, garlic powder and paprika until blended. Stuff 1 tablespoon into each jalapeno; wrap a strip of bacon around each.
- Grill peppers, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp and filling is heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 15 appetizers.
Originally published as Smoky Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos in Backyard Living June/July 2007, p60
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Smoky Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review