- 1 fully cooked boneless ham steak (1-1/2 pounds), cubed
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook and stir ham over medium-high heat until browned. Add potatoes, milk, corn and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Smoky Cheddar Corn Chowder in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p30
Reviews for Smoky Cheddar, Ham and Corn Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review