Smoky Beef 'n' Beans Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a skillet, cook the beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 337 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 1171mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 8g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Smoky Beef 'n' Beans
"What flavor!!!! Thoroughly loved this. Will make again and again. Forget the 8 servings. We snarfed it down. Seconds all around."