Smoky Beans Recipe
These beans are a perfect side dish to almost any meal. Try serving them with your favorite grilled meat! —Pat Turner, Seneca, South Carolina
- 3 pounds sliced bacon, diced
- 3 medium sweet onions, chopped
- 6 cans (28 ounces each) baked beans, undrained
- 6 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cans (16 ounces each) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 packages (12 ounces each) miniature smoked sausages, cut in thirds
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Saute onions in reserved drippings until tender.
- 2. In a very large bowl, combine the beans, sausage, bacon and onions. Combine the remaining ingredients; stir into bean mixture.
- 3. Pour into four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 90-95 servings.
3/4 cup equals 198 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC