- 3 pounds sliced bacon, diced
- 3 medium sweet onions, chopped
- 6 cans (28 ounces each) baked beans, undrained
- 6 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cans (16 ounces each) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 packages (12 ounces each) miniature smoked sausages, cut in thirds
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Saute onions in reserved drippings until tender.
- In a very large bowl, combine the beans, sausage, bacon and onions. Combine the remaining ingredients; stir into bean mixture.
- Pour into four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 90-95 servings.
Reviews for Smoky Beans
Sort By :
The cider vinegar was too strong for me.
This is one awesome recipe. Just the right combination of ingredients makes it delicious and simple to make. Every time I take it to a potluck I get at least 3 or 4 requests for the recipe! Love it!
this is a very tasty dish I kept the butter beans out and and i broke it down in half or better myself on the bacon and the cans of beans but most of the spices stayed the same. take a chance on this one everyone that had it is asking me for the recipe.
I divided by six to make a smaller recipe. It turned out very good and I got request for the recipe. I used Northern instead of Butter beans. I will definitely serve again.
I made these for a small family get together, using the reduced serving recipe as provided by a reviewer. They were a hit and reheated nicely. Very good flavor and will make again. Nice change to typical burger versions.