- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausage links
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Smoky Bean Stew
Sort By :
"I made this on the stove instead of crockpot and it cooked up quickly. The smoky links come in 14 ounce packages, not 16 anymore. Since my family are meat eaters, I used 2 (14 ounce) packages of Eckrich smoky links and it was good. It still tasted like baked beans to us, good, but the sweetness still was reminder that it was baked beans."
"This has potential ... unfortunately, I used Oscar Mayer Mini Smokies, but they don't taste anything like the smoky links I remember from years ago; they are very bland and didn't really add anything to this dish. If I can find a more flavorful sausage, this would probably be much better. Also, the cooking time given is way too long; the sausages were shriveled up and the baked beans were starting to dissolve. I think 4-5 hours on Low (as opposed to High) would be plenty. I will definitely try this again, though."