- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausage links
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Smoky Bean Stew
Sort By :
This has potential ... unfortunately, I used Oscar Mayer Mini Smokies, but they don't taste anything like the smoky links I remember from years ago; they are very bland and didn't really add anything to this dish. If I can find a more flavorful sausage, this would probably be much better. Also, the cooking time given is way too long; the sausages were shriveled up and the baked beans were starting to dissolve. I think 4-5 hours on Low (as opposed to High) would be plenty. I will definitely try this again, though.